Given that the Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the biggest on campus, we believe there is a need to build and strengthen the community within the Woodruff School – especially during these particularly difficult times.
Our goals are to:
- Facilitate community (at a distance)
- Combat loneliness and isolation
- Host events that allow graduate students and other members of Woodruff to engage with each other
Events we are currently working on include:
- First Fridays (Monthly departmental gatherings with food & drinks)
- Two outdoor events for Woodruff graduate students this spring semester