The Mechanical Engineering Grad Student Mental Health Committee is dedicated to improving the culture around mental health among graduate students in the Woodruff School. This group was initially formed as an ad hoc committee during the 2019 fall semester. Since then, we have worked to implement initiatives, improve policies and initiate dialogue to ensure graduate students in our department can succeed without compromising their mental health and wellbeing.
Our goals are to:
- Facilitate community
- Combat loneliness and isolation
- Host events that allow graduate students and other members of Woodruff to engage with each other
We are also seeking to make changes in policy that will aid graduate student mental health over the long-term. We are striving to:
- Explore current policies
- Gather and analyze data to assess efficacy of current policies and practices
- Identify and advocate for systemic changes within the department to improve graduate students’ mental health and wellbeing
- Engage in discussions with administrators
We are continuously working on adding content to our websites, so please check back for more/updated information.